Calorie Overload, YES
Delicious, HELL YES
While there is nothing wrong with a classic hot chocolate there is always room for improvement. Coffee is that improvement. This recipe is by no means diet friendly, so if you’re watching your calorie intake, I suggest you stop reading LOL.
I’ve also upped this drink to dessert level by topping it with mini marshmallows, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup. Hold on to your waistline, this is going to be good!
Is hot chocolate the best thing to ever hit a mug, or do you have another Fall favourite? I would love to hear from you in the comments section below!
Looking for something cold but a bit healthier? Checkout my Super Easy Yogurt popsicles HERE!
Perfect Iced Hot Chocolate
Yield 2 Large servings
ICED HOT CHOCOLATE
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup ice
- 3 tablespoons Hot Chocolate Mix
- 1 cup ice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup cold coffee
- Whipped cream
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate Syrup
- Combine 1 cup ice, sugar and 3/4 cup cold coffee in a blender and pulse/puree until frothy. *If you don’t already have cold coffee, see the notes section below.
- Taste and adjust sweetness if desired.
- Pour into a tall glass
- Combine 1 cup milk, 3 tablespoons hot chocolate mix and 1 cup ice in a blender and pulse/puree until frothy
- Pour on top of iced coffee
- Serve with a straw
- Optional: Top with whipped cream, marshmallows and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- For Calorie overload, try lining the glass with chocolate syrup!
COLD COFFEE RECIPE
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2/3 cup ice cold water
- Dissolve coffee in hot water
- Add remaining cold water and mix
Are you looking to add recipes to your blog? I used the Cookbook Plugin, to add all my recipes to my posts and its a dream! A breeze to install, so easy to work with, and the customer service is top notch. Its by far the best recipe plugin for WordPress bloggers.
Although I am a brand ambassador for Cookbook. I purchased this plugin myself and all views are completly my own.